Saturday, August 28, 2010

New TV Season

The new TV season is rapidly approaching...and I will not list all the new shows I am going to try out yet. But I have made the decision to drop some of my old shows for a variety of reasons. The three shows I am dropping are: Two and a Half Men, The Office and Medium.

Two and a Half Men is going to have a hard time with Charlie Sheen's problems, and really, he is the reason I watch the show. The character of Alan just cannot be the whole show. It is still amusing, but so many set-ups on the show have already been done, that it is is much less funny than it used to be, relying even more on sexual innuendo for laughs.

The Office is one of those shows that even at its best, could be hit or miss. When it kept Michael and Dwight on a leash, it was funniest, but too often it just lets those two be stupid, beyond any reason. Too often the last two seasons it is just painful to watch.

And you know you aren't enjoying the show when you feel like fast forwarding through much of it...Medium makes me feel like that nowadays. Again, so long in the tooth, so many plots are being re-hashed. Still like the characters, but tired of the set-up.

So three veteran show are being dropped. As we get closer to the season I will talk about my new shows, and those returning that I am still watching.

No comments: