Sunday, May 10, 2009

TV- Season Finale, Dollhouse

Well Dollhouse is over, for the season, and from what I read, probably forever, though there is a slight chance it may make it back on the fall schedule.

Not a great finale, though it tried like hell. The surprises weren't really all that surprising, or game changing. And as much as I liked the show at times, I don't see it sustaining itself very well.

One thing it did do was propel Eliza Dushku back into the limelight, and I hope she gets more roles. I think she has a great appeal to her, she is a pretty good actress and is really easy on the eyes. She is in my top 5 now for sure.

Dollhouse was a great concept, and may have been better as a mini-series, a television event, rather than a continuing series. I think it may have worked better with a already thought out beginning, middle and end game.

I may continue to watch if it comes back, just 'cause I like Dushku. But it could lose me very easily and quickly...and that "if" in the if it comes back is a big if.

2 comments:

Michelle Abraminko said...

Hey nice blog:) Cool thanks for your support and I will see you at the gym:)

Unknown said...

I don't know. I think that I would have to disagree with you about this show. It's an awesome show, I agree. but I think the show can do awesome if they keep the sci-fi aspect of it all plain in simple. like one of the problems that I've had with Heroes is that they change the logic behind abilities almost every season. That's just not savoring to keep up with at all.
Dollhouse does have minor comedic punts and good dramatic and action sequences. Just as long as they keep the demographical plot the same, the only curve balls they have to throw are the plot twists.
I also agree with you on Dushku. She's hot as hell and is the only reason I netflixed every episode of Tru Calling. But I find the Actress who plays Millie and the actress that portrays the Dollhouse director more appealing.