Sunday, May 17, 2009

TV-Thursday Night Comedies-4 Finales

All 4 NBC Thursday night comedies had their finales. My Name is Earl went first, and it was OK, with a To Be Continued episode. It is not a sure thing for next season on NBC, but another network may pick it up if NBC passes on it. The show still amuses, but if it comes back, should make it its final season. Let the show runners do season to wrap up the lives of the Earl Hickey, his family and friends.

Next, Parks and Recreation. The show has grown on me, but still could go very bad. Gets me to laugh, but I am not convinced of its long term premise. Nice finale...not too much, but enough to keep you coming back next year.

The Office. The last scene with Jim and Pam almost made up for the super un-funny Michael and Holly company picnic skit. Sometimes the show just misses so badly I could just skip it altogether.

And 30 Rock. My favorite of the 4. Ah Liz Lemon, the relationship advise queen! Alan Alda's guest appearance has been great, and the "We Are the World" like fund raiser for his kidney was brilliant. Sheryl Crow, Cyndy Lauper, so many more guest appearances by musical stars had me amazed and laughing. The whole cast of this show is so good, led by Tina Fey and Alec Baldwin.

The last three shows have already been picked up for next season.

No comments: