Sunday, August 23, 2009

Restaurant-Cucina Urbana 2

We went back to Cucina Urbana again, with friends this time. I have to tell you, I want to try everything on their menu!

This time I started with a drink, Italian Iced Tea. This is the first drink I have had there that I was not thrilled with. They made up for it though with the Aquae Fresca I had later, with Gran Marnier, Campari, muddled watermelon and lemon juice. Now Campari is somewhat astringent, but it was great mixed with all that, and was cold and delicious.

We were also able to try other appetizers. We had some Vasi, little mason jars filled with good stuff and some pieces of bread to spread it on. In one Vasi we an excellent hummus, and in another the creamiest goat cheese with a little apricot jam on it...both were good, but I would go for the goat cheese one again in a split second.

For dinner I had the Short Rib Pappardelle---short rib meat with long pappardelle noodles (think narrow, thin lasagna noodles) with cremini mushrooms and parmigiana. Yummers!

We did skip dessert, so as not to be total pigs, though it was REALLY tempting. I cannot wait to go back and try more!!!!

No comments: