Saturday, August 2, 2008

Movie-When Will I Be Loved

This 2004 movie got a lot of bad reviews on Netflix, and a few really excellent ones too, so I was intrigued by what my opinion would be. I fall a lot closer to the excellent ones than to the ones that panned it.

Starring Neve Campbell, When Will I Be Loved is a study of a woman who has stopped believing in those around her, including her hustler boyfriend, and starts believing only in herself. So, she uses sex as a tool to get what she wants including revenge.

It is a psychological drama, and an erotic drama. And Campbell's performance is a little chilling, behind her warm-hearted smile and affability, her seeming conformance, she is scheming and dangerous.

While i would not say it is excellent, I would say it is pretty darn good. The heart of it being Campbell's intense performance.

No comments: