Saturday, October 11, 2008

Movie-Darkness

OK...I shoulda listened. All the movie critics, and all the reviewers on Netflix said this was a bad one. Did I listen? Noooooo.

I thought, well, the main stars are good. I like Anna Paquin, and I REALLY like Lena Olin---how bad could this be? I shoulda listened.

Darkness is bad. You may be fooled by the first 30 minutes or so...but don't be. The plot is terrible...a playoff of The Shining...big old house, slightly crazy dad. But the plot loses it from there. Stupid characterizations, especially of Lena Olin, playing the mother in this family. It is beyond belief stupid.

Anna Paquin acts like she is in a sixth grade play. Terrible.

I heard that they delayed the release of this film onto DVD because they knew it stunk.

Let me tell you...don't be tempted. This a bad movie. Do not rent this film. Don't do what I did...I really shoulda listened.

No comments: