Saturday, October 11, 2008

TV-TV 2008 Season Premiers- CSI

I was anticipating the premier of CSI with great trepidation. Because with the death of Warrick Brown, two of the original five team members have left the show. And the death of this character will now precipitate the departure of another character, Gil Grissom, played wonderfully by William Petersen.

The show was very good. Jorja Fox reappeared as Sara Sidle, to be with the rest of the team as they tried to find the killer. I actually was surprised they found him so quickly. I expected this to take a few episodes.

But this will be my last season watching the show. The character of Gil Grissom was what gave this show its originality, and is why I cannot abide the other two CSIs. It is about the work of a scientist who uses science to solve crimes. He is not a cop, and does not act like one. With William Petersen's departure later in the season, that aspect of the show is gone. As will be 3/5ths of the original team.

While I know they have Laurence Fishburn waiting in the wings, I don't want to see the new CSI. The remaining cast members are OK...I love Marg Helgenberger (have I mentioned I met her---yummy) and she is fine. But Nick Stokes has always been my least favorite character in the show.

So CSI will be off my list next season. While the premier is strong, I don't like the changes they have made (and are still making) so I will be a consumer and stop watching.

No comments: