Sunday, March 8, 2009

2 Magazines

National Geographic, March '09. A good issue, but on a few articles that REALLY took me. The article on Mystic Waters in Jiuzhaigou, in China had beautiful photos. Just amazing imagery. The jaguar article was excellent also, and my favorite was about blue whales. These animals have always captured my imagination, and this article, with the images really blew me away. These animals are immense, the largest animal ever to exist on Earth. An elephant could sit on the tongue of a blue whale. Wow.

Playboy, march '09. Not my favorite issue at all. The interview was with Kenny Chesney, and I am not into country music at all. I mean, I would be interested if it was someone like Willie Nelson because he has so much to say about so many things. Chesney likes talking about himself. the article on Boom cars, cars that are given sound systems so loud they break windows, was a total waste of space. And it was frickin' long. Even the short fiction by Jim Harrison disappointed. And who is Aubrey O'Day? I mean, nice photo shoot, but I don't see all the fuss. Waiting for April.

No comments: