Sunday, March 16, 2008

Cooking with Andy

Another Sunday of cooking. Last night I made something very easy, considering I was not feeling great. It was a really nice baked salmon with a whisky-maple sauce. Very tasty.

Today though, today was cooking! Started early with the very hearty cinnamon-oatmeal pancakes for breakfast. Lots of oatmeal and wheatgerm in them so they are fairly healthy. Keeping on the oatmeal theme, for my work lunches I made oatmeal bars. I went on to make sweet potato pie. OK, I could say healthy because of the sweet potatoes, but I would fool no one! LOL!

Next dish? For my entree at work, a ravioli salad with vegetables and ham. With a nice vinaigrette on this, it is tasty! For a vegetable dish, stewed zucchini with feta. Easy easy easy.

My last dish, and it was fantastic, was Giada's baked penne with roasted vegetables. OMG, it was really good. With smoked mozzarella and fontina cheeses, and roasted red pepper, zucchini, summer squash and mushrooms, all combined with sauce and peas and pasta, then baked. It came out great!

Oh, and Giada is hot too!

If anyone sees a recipe they want, let me know, and I will get it to you. I don't think Sharlynn will have to cook for a few days.

No comments: