Thursday, March 13, 2008

Movie-No Country For Old Men

Soooooooooo---just finished No Country For Old Men. Won best picture and best director as well as best supporting actor for Javier Bardem

And I can't really say how I feel about it completely. Pretty much the whole movie was tension filled, edge of your seat, amazing acting accolade accolade accolade etc.

But how about the end? Did it totally blow, or was it just me? The last ten minutes, even the last 15. It really seemed like they just decided, "Oh, we have to wrap this thing up. Kill the protagonist, throw in a couple of other ambiguous scenes...and we ARE done! Let's get a beer!"

And while I cannot dispute Javier Bardem's performance...I am starting to reevaluate Michael Clayton. At least in that film, it seemed like the vision was carried all the way through, whereas in Old Men, it really felt like the vision just vanished. You may get a re-evaluation from me, but this is my initial reaction:
Good movie, but the ending ruined it.

No comments: