Sunday, March 30, 2008

Movie-75th Annual Academy Awards Short Films

The compilation of the 2003 films nominated for short features for the Academy Awards show in 2004, "75th Annual Academy Awards Short Films" is really good.

As a viewer, we hear about these films during the ceremony, but where can we see them. Well, they have started to be released...I already have a few years of nominated shorts in my Netflix queue (yet another reason I love Netflix).

The disc includes all four nominees for best live action short and five nominees for best animated short. I will admit a couple of the animated ones were a bit odd, but good nonetheless. And the live action were really well done.

The longest film was just under 30 minutes, and the rest ranged from just a few minutes to maybe ten. And they were able to handle great topics, from learned hatred, to the misfortunes that modern technology can bring. The films are international and that also adds to the appeal in my book. I enjoyed this so much I will be moving up the other "shorts" compilations in my queue.

No comments: