Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Montreal, Continued

We ate our breakfast in the hotel room from our booty from the Jean Talon market. It was so good. The bread was YUMMY!

As it was raining a bit this day, we decided it was a perfect time to visit the Underground City. Montreal has about 18-20 miles of shops, restaurants and other stuff underground, linked my the Metro tunnels. We had a walking map in one of our guidebooks, and so set off on a tour.

So many of these places were malls underground. Very weird, but when you consider the very hot summer weather and numbingly cold winter weather, it makes sense, We pretty much did not explore each separate mall too much, but the number of malls was amazing.

One of the strangest parts was one of the mall's food court. Take Fashion Valley and Horton Plaza's food courts, and combine them. Then double that. That is probably still smaller than this food court. It had any kind of ethnic food you could want. It was amazing. We came back to this and had lunch actually. I had a very good tortellini with a tomato pesto sauce, and Sharlynn had a quite decent yaki soba. We shared, and had a quite nice meal. Better than the sushi, and under 15 bucks. I can see why so many business people were eating there.

One of the malls was constructed under an Anglican church that we had visited on Monday, the church being the seat of the Anglican community in Montreal. The church actually entered into a partnership with the developer to build this mall. You see, the actual structure of the church was sinking. But they did not have the money to fix it, so this was the solution. And what was amazing, is the church stood above the construction of the mall underneath...virtually floating while construction was going on below. Seeing the images, it was freaky. And apparently, the church stayed functioning while the work was going on. I know what I would have been praying for...not to fall into the huge pit beneath me, that's what!

Neither of remember what we did for dinner this night...isn't that weird? But Sharlynn was worn down, and wanted to just rest, so I decided to go to another strip club. I know I know, pervert. OK, yes, I am. But i won't get back to Montreal for awhile, so I decided to really take in the sights.

I tried one I had read about that sounded intriguing, but when I got to the door, they asked for 50 bucks. And looking at the girls there...well, let's just say that would have been diminishing returns. So again I went to place we saw on one of our walks.

This one offered nude full contact dances. So, of course I had to try it. I mean c'mon...on Friday I will try poutine, a regional dish, so why should I not try other regional dishes...heh heh...I thought that up on my own. High five Paul!?!

It was a fun experience, but I did not stay too long...just enough for a few dances from a few girls. But funny to say, it was a nice experience. The place was more local, and mellow...like a neighborhood bar. The girls were hot, and no pressure at all. It was nice.

I left and called Sharlynn to tell her I was headed home. She gave me the requisite hard time, all in fun, but I reminded her that there were no triple G's at this club. We laughed. I was soon back with my love. We would wake up for our last full day in Montreal tomorrow.

No comments: